WootWatcher is a simple, free Android app that lets you browse the main Woot.com sites, and notifies you whenever a new item is for sale. WootWatcher is highly configurable, and includes a number of handy features:
- Notification customization, including sound, vibration, and LED color.
- Separate settings for Daily Woot notification and Woot-Off notification.
- Intelligent scheduling of site checks. It knows when daily Woot changes occur and doesn't check the rest of the day.
- Aggressive, but self-adjusting checks during Woot-Offs. It doesn't check as often when there are still lots of items available, checks more often when the stock gets low or sells out.
- Optional Battery-Friendly mode for Woot-Offs. Lets Android schedule the checks every 15 minutes or so. Saves a ton of battery life, but you tend to miss some items
- Handy "Mute All" option in the menu turns off audio and vibration for all notifications.
- Share Button lets you tell your friends about the current Woot item.
- Ability to disable notifications for individual Woot sites.
WootWatcher is a work in progress. Here are some of the features that are planned.
- Push Notifications -- Coming very soon for Android 2.2 and up. Support for lower versions are still a possibility.
- Ability to completely remove Woot sites that you don't want to see.
- Service Disabling -- Turn off the background service when not in use, or disable it completely.
- Improved Daily Woot Reliability -- Some users report that Daily Woots are sometimes missed. I'm researching ways to make this more reliable.
- Improved User Interface -- It's not very pretty at the moment. Contact me if you're good at this sort of thing, and are willing to help.
- Custom Notifications -- Custom notifications based on the title of the item for sale. For example, "Bag of Crap".
- Support for non-standard Woot sites -- Deals.Woot, HappyHour, Moofi
Help support WootWatcher development by making a donation.Suggested donation amounts:
- $0.99 -- That magical amount that is somehow so much less than a whole dollar.
- $2.75 -- The price of my daily short double latte.
- $4.25 -- My hourly wage at my first job.
- $8.00 -- The price of a B.O.C.
- $10.77 -- The price of a cheese pizza and a large soda at Panucci's Pizza. Also, my PIN number.
- $25.00 -- The amount I paid to become an Android Developer
- $110.38 -- My monthly server bill.
- $1,009.99 -- That new computer I've had my eye on.